Helen E. Tokar
Helen E. Tokar is a senior associate attorney in the Los Angeles office of Wisner Baum, where she focuses her practice on the firm’s Zantac cancer litigation and toxic baby food lawsuits.
She is the essential “right arm” for our firm’s managing partner, R. Brent Wisner, to support his work on the firm’s Zantac cancer litigation by focusing on the client and case management of more than 11,000 Zantac cases and over 3,500 baby food cases. Helen is also heavily involved in the litigation from handling depositions and discovery to trial preparation.
Authority Magazine featured Helen in their “Power Women” interview series, in which they talk to accomplished women leaders about their stories and experiences navigating work, love, and life as a powerful woman.
“Helen Tokar is a successful attorney who has faced head-on the challenges of being a successful professional woman in a male-dominated industry, being a working mom, and handling the impossible task of balancing work and personal life. Helen has faced everything with confidence, even if it was challenging for her. The complex challenge of being a working mom is not lost on Helen, who has found a way to balance her incredibly busy career with being a mom and even uses her maternal empathy to relate to her clients when handling mass tort cases such as those related to baby food.”
For eight years before joining Wisner Baum, Helen gained considerable experience handling a variety of practice areas, including criminal defense and landlord/tenant law. She was also responsible for a substantial caseload of personal injury cases where she handled everything from A to Z. She litigated cases, wrote demands, conducted discovery and depositions, prepared clients for deposition and trial, handled mediations and settlement discussions, negotiated with insurance companies and supervised case managers. Helen has also made many court appearances including successfully serving as second-chair in a jury trial for a personal injury case.
Helen obtained a B.A. at USC and her law degree from Thomas Jefferson School of Law. While in law school, Helen really enjoyed her pro bono work mediating small claims cases as a Certified Student Mediator.
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law (J.D., 2011)
- CALI Award Recipient for California Evidence, 2010
- University of Southern California (B.A. in Communication, 2007)
- Certificates of Merit Award in California Evidence, Introduction to Mediation & Advanced Mediation
- California, 2012
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, 2021
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 2021
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, 2021
Awards and Honors
- Best Lawyers - Ones to Watch, 2023 - 2024
- Selected: Southern California Super Lawyers® – Rising Stars, 2022
- California Powerhouse, Law360 Regional Powerhouse Series, 2021
- State Bar of California
- The American Association for Justice; Leaders Forum - Champion; Section on Toxic, Environmental, and Pharmaceutical Torts (STEP); Zantac Litigation Group
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Consumer Attorneys of California, President’s Club Benefactor
Pro Bono and Civic Activities
- During law school, she facilitated settlement discussions and resolved many small claims matters as a Certified Student Mediator
Call (855) 948-5098 to Learn About Your Legal Options
Want all the latest news or updates? Browse through our blog to read our most recent posts and featured articles.