Wisner Baum is a national award-winning law firm that has obtained some of the largest settlements and verdicts in recent history. Our team has successfully represented thousands of clients across the United States and abroad in personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits, class actions, whistleblower claims and more. We have decades of experience taking on negligent corporations and entities to hold them accountable for the harm they have caused.
The legal industry has recognized Wisner Baum with prestigious awards, including Law360’s Regional Powerhouse award and Product Liability Practice Group of the Year. The National Law Journal has twice awarded them with Elite Trial Lawyers Trial Team of the Year and inducted them into the Verdicts Hall of Fame. Wisner Baum is also listed in U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” and has maintained an AV® preeminent peer-review rating by Martindale-Hubbell for decades
With more than $4 billion in verdicts and settlements we take pride in our approach to litigating cases and doing what is needed to get the best resolution possible for our clients. Collectively, our attorneys have conducted trials in more than 200 cases, including aviation disasters, truck accidents, pharmaceutical drug injuries, and product liability.
With experience, skill, the resources and relentless dedication, we commit to overcome and resolve some of the greatest challenges on behalf of consumers and injury victims, both in our home state of California, nationwide, and even internationally.
While the majority of cases involving complex litigation—from commercial transportation cases to drug product liability cases—will settle before a trial is ever conducted, our attorneys at Wisner Baum always prepare each one of our cases as if it were going to trial.
Some clients prefer to have their case resolved before trial, while others desire to see their case result in a trial. Regardless of the final outcome, we feel that preparing each case as if it were going to trial has a significant impact on the behavior of the defendants in settlement negotiations and in the courtroom.
We also strive to find ways, using our history of success, to shine the spotlight on important issues that affect consumers and to improve the safety of the unsafe products or harmful practices which brought about the litigation in the first place. Our safety advocacy campaigns have helped improve transportation, medication and consumer products affecting the public at large.
Awards and Accolades
As a result of our efforts to help injury victims, Wisner Baum has received countless awards, accolades, honors, and recognitions over the years. We are proud that these honors have not only come from within the legal community itself, but from highly-respected third-party organizations that use client satisfaction rankings and other metrics to evaluate a firm’s true reputation.
Our law firm is proud to be recognized in:
- U.S. News - Best Lawyers® Best Law Firms, 2014-2023
- Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rating available
- Top Ranked Law Firms™
- California Powerhouse, Law360 Regional Powerhouse Series
- The Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers™
- Product Liability Practice Group of the Year, 2020, Law360
- Verdicts Hall of Fame, The National Law Journal
- Elite Trial Lawyers Law Firm of the Year for Mass Torts, Finalist, 2020, ALM and The National Law Journal (for our work in the landmark $2 billion verdict in Pilliod et al. v. Monsanto)
- Daily Journal Top Verdicts – Top 10 Plaintiffs’ Verdicts
- Top 100 Verdicts 2019, ALM, National Law Journal, Verdict Search (Pilliod et al. v. Monsanto)
- Elite Trial Lawyers Trial Team of the Year, Winner for Mass Torts, 2019, The National Law Journal and Trial Lawyer Magazine
- Trial Team of the Year from The National Trial Lawyers Top 100, 2019 (for our work in the groundbreaking Monsanto Roundup cancer verdict of $289M)
- Elite Trial Lawyers Law Firm of the Year; Winner for Pharmaceutical Litigation, Finalist in Consumer Protection, 2018, The National Law Journal
- Daily Journal Top Verdicts 2019 (Pilliod et al. v. Monsanto)
- Number 1 Verdict in California in 2019, TopVerdict.com (Pilliod et al. v. Monsanto)
- Top 10 Verdicts in the United States in 2019, TopVerdict.com (Pilliod et al. v. Monsanto)
- Daily Journal Top Verdicts 2018 (Johnson v. Monsanto)
- Top 10 Verdicts in the United States in 2018, TopVerdict.com (Johnson v. Monsanto)
- Courtroom View Network’s Top Most Impressive Plaintiff Verdicts in 2018 (Johnson v. Monsanto)
- Top 10 Product Liability Verdicts in Illinois in 2017, Topverdict.com (Dolin vs. GSK)
- Top 100 Wrongful Death Verdicts in the U.S. in 2017, Topverdict.com (Dolin vs. GSK)
Individual Wisner Baum attorneys have also received the following recognition:
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Trial Lawyer of the Year, Finalist, San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association, 2023
- Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers, 2019 - 2023
- Best Personal Injury Lawyers in Los Angeles, Forbes Advisor, 2022
- Top 100 Lawyers in California, 2018, 2020, 2022 Daily Journal
- Clarence Darrow Award, MTMP-Mass Torts Made Perfect, 2021
- Consumer Attorney of the Year, Finalist 2021, Consumer Attorneys of California
- The American Lawyer’s West Trailblazers, 2021
- MVP of the Year 2020, Product Liability, Law360
- Lawyer of the Year for Personal Injury Litigation in Los Angeles 2020, Best Lawyers®
- Top Plaintiffs Lawyers in California, 2019-2021 Daily Journal
- Lawdragon 500 Leading Lawyers, 2020
- Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyer of the Year, 2019, National Trial Lawyers and ALM
- Winning Litigators Titans of Industry 2019, Law.com and the National Law Journal
- Trial Lawyer of the Year 2019, Finalist, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- The Round Table: America's Most Influential Trial Lawyers, 2019
- Top 40 Under 40 Attorneys in California 2019, (Lifetime Award), Daily Journal
- AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated, Martindale Hubbell®
- America’s 50 Most Influential Trial Lawyers, The National Law Journal and the Trial Lawyer Magazine
- Titan of the Plaintiffs Bar (Lifetime Award), Law360
- The National Trial Lawyers Civil Plaintiff Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- National Aviation Trial Lawyers – Top 10, The National Trial Lawyers
- Trucking Trial Lawyers Association – Top 10, The National Trial Lawyers
- Product Liability Trial Lawyers Association – Top 25, The National Trial Lawyers
- Southern California Super Lawyers, including Top 100
- Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Stars, including Top 100 Up-and-Coming
- Martindale-Hubbell® Client Champion Award, 2019-2023, Honor Based on Client Review Ratings
- Avvo.com Superb Score 10 out of 10
- Avvo Clients’ Choice Award
- Law360 Rising Star
Farmingdale High School Bus Crash Kills Beloved Band Director and ChaperoneBus News, Timothy A. Loranger, Wrongful Death
Compensatory vs Punitive Damages in Personal Injury LawsuitPersonal Injury, Wrongful Death
July 2023 Newsletter
How to File a Baby Food LawsuitHelen E. Tokar, Pedram Esfandiary, R. Brent Wisner, Toxic Baby Food News
What You Should Know About Black Boxes in CarsPersonal Injury
Osprey Crash in Australia Kills Three MarinesAviation News, Helicopter Crash, Military Accident News, Personal Injury, Timothy A. Loranger, Wrongful Death
Parents of Brandeis Student Killed in Bus Crash File Wrongful Death LawsuitBus News, Clay Robbins III, Press Releases, Wrongful Death
Electroshock Therapy (ECT) Trial – Jury Finds Somatics Failed to Warn of ECT RisksBijan Esfandiari, Medical Device News, Monique Alarcon, Press Releases
$2.0 Billion Verdict Personal Injury
In May of 2019, the jury in the case of Pilliod et al. v, Monsanto Company ordered the agrochemical giant to pay $2.055 billion in damages to the plaintiffs, Alva and Alberta Pilliod, a Bay Area couple in their 70s.
$289.2 Million Verdict Personal Injury
On Aug. 10, 2018, a San Francisco jury ordered Monsanto to pay $39.25 million in compensatory damages and $250 million in punitive damages to Mr. Johnson, a former groundskeeper who alleged exposure to Monsanto’s herbicides caused him to develop terminal non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
$265 Million Settlement Fatal Train Crash
In 2016, Wisner Baum attorney Timothy A. Loranger and six other attorneys in the Plaintiffs’ Management Committee were able to secure a $265 million settlement for victims of the 2015 Amtrak 188 derailment in Philadelphia, one of the largest in the U.S. for 2016.
$105 Million Settlement Pharmaceutical Settlement
Wisner Baum obtained $105 million on behalf of multiple clients involved in a pharmaceutical negligence case.
$80 Million Verdict Personal Injury
Wisner Baum attorneys served on the trial team in the case of Hardeman v. Monsanto Company, which resulted in an $80 million jury verdict for the plaintiff, Edwin Hardeman.
$63 Million Settlement Paxil Pediatric Class Action
$63 million pediatric class action re false promotion of Paxil. Judge approves final terms of improved national pediatric paxil class action settlement – consumers get a better deal.