Ari S. Friedman
Ari Friedman is a partner and trial attorney at Wisner Baum where he focuses his practice on complex and multi-district litigation, product liability, and personal injury and wrongful death cases stemming from transportation accidents (including aviation accidents and truck crashes) and other catastrophic injury (including TBI). He joined Wisner Baum in 2022.
Over the past decade, Ari has worked at other prominent law firms where he has handled complex litigation involving corporate wrongdoing. He has a proven track record of success, securing justice and substantial compensation for clients across multiple practice areas. His results as lead counsel speak for themselves:
- $5.7 million verdict on behalf of a man in his 60s who suffered severe, life-altering injuries in a car accident.
- $2 million verdict in a complex case for a man exposed to a manufacturer’s asbestos.
- $765k verdict in a premises liability case on behalf of a young child who fell out of a hotel window.
- $715k verdict for a retired Navy veteran and ironworker exposed to asbestos.
Ari takes great pride in building and preparing each case for trial, with the goal to give his clients the best possible outcome, even when a settlement is the most likely resolution. In addition to his substantial jury verdicts, Ari has secured a multitude of seven-figure settlements across several areas of practice.
Recognizing that people often come to him during times of great uncertainty, Ari goes the extra mile to explain the legal complexities of every case and make clients feel comfortable and confident in his ability to get them the help and justice they deserve. As someone who has always rooted for the underdog, he relishes the opportunity to stand up for and give a voice to people who might otherwise be ignored or overlooked.
Ari is a proud member of the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, the Consumer Attorneys Association of California, and the American Association for Justice: Leader’s Forum. He has been recognized for listing in the Southern California Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Born and raised in Los Angeles, Ari earned his B.A. from the University of Southern California before attending Pepperdine University, School of Law for his J.D. Ari loves to travel in his spare time, though with family throughout the Los Angeles area, the city will always be home.
- Pepperdine University, School of Law (J.D., 2007)
- University of Southern California, (B.A., 2004)
- California, 2008
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2012
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 2018
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 2020
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of California, 2021
Awards and Honors:
- Selected: Southern California Super Lawyers® – Rising Stars, 2016 – 2018
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40
- Schwartz v. Industrial Steam Cleaning, $5.7 million verdict for a 13 m.p.h. rear-end vehicle collision. Client was a 62 year-old executive salesman who was rendered 100% disabled because of TBI and related injuries.
- Wang v. Sun Hospitality Inc., $765k verdict for 4 year-old who fell out of a hotel window.
- Houpt v. AK Steel Corporation, $715k verdict for one week of bystander asbestos exposure for a retired Navy veteran and iron worker against a shipyard contractor.
- Lovelace v. Abex, $2 million verdict for a hobbyist mechanic exposed to a brake manufacturer’s asbestos.
- State Bar of California
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Consumer Attorneys Association of California
- American Association for Justice: Leader’s Forum - Champion
- American Bar Association
- Aviation Accidents
- Aviation Product Liability
- Helicopter Crash Litigation
- California Wildfires
- Catastrophic Injury
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Complex and Multi-District Litigation
- Mass Disaster Litigation
- Personal Injury Law
- Product Liability Law
- Truck Accidents
- Commercial Truck Accidents
- Wrongful Death Law
Baum Hedlund Begins 2023 with a New Name: Wisner BaumAdam M. Foster, Ari S. Friedman, Bijan Esfandiari, Cara J. Luther, Clay Robbins III, Frances M. Phares, Helen E. Tokar, John A. Greaves, Mark H. Schlein, Matthew French, Michael L. Baum, Monique Alarcon, Pedram Esfandiary, Press Releases, R. Brent Wisner, Stephanie Sherman, Timothy A. Loranger, William Crawford Appleby
McKinney Fire Siskiyou County, CaliforniaAri S. Friedman, California Wildfire, Matthew French, Michael L. Baum, Ronald L. M. Goldman
Coastal Fire LawyerAri S. Friedman, California Wildfire, Matthew French, Michael L. Baum, Ronald L. M. Goldman