Mayra Maturana is an attorney in the Los Angeles office of Wisner Baum where she concentrates her practice on toxic tort injuries. She is part of firm’s legal team handling the toxic baby food litigation.
Before joining Wisner Baum, Mayra gained experience in family law, immigration, and personal injury.
A graduate from Southwestern Law School, Mayra competed and was honored as brief writer finalist for the Moot Court Honors Program Intramural Competition during her first year of law school. She clerked for the Removal Defense Clinic and Immigration Law Clinic at Southwestern, where she helped minors and indigent clients with their asylum, U-Visa, and SIJS applications. She also clerked at a prominent Los Angeles law firm during and right after law school. She drafted complaints, demand letters, meet and confer letters, mediation briefs and preference motions. She propounded and responded to discovery and prepared clients for case proceedings.
Mayra obtained her B.A in International Relations from the University of Southern California.
- Class Action Litigation
- Complex and Multi-District Litigation
- Consumer Fraud Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Police Misconduct and Civil Rights
- Prescription Drugs
- Pharmaceutical Drug Product Liability
- Toxic Torts
- University of Southern California (B.A. in International Relations)
- Southwestern Law School (J.D., 2021)
- State Bar of California
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Latina Lawyers Bar Association
Pro Bono and Civic Activities
- During undergraduate, she interned at the Stanley Mosk Courthouse self-help center where she helped pro se litigants with divorce and child custody paperwork.
- In law school, she clerked for the Immigration Law Clinic and Removal Defense Clinic, where she assisted minors and indigent clients with their asylum, U-Visa, and SIJS applications.