STEPHANIE B. SHERMAN
Stephanie B. Sherman is a multiple award-winning trial lawyer and partner at Wisner Baum. With over 25 years of experience, she has helped thousands of clients in serious personal injury, wrongful death, product liability, chemical exposure, and dangerous pharmaceutical cases. Forbes Advisor chose Stephanie for its short list of the 10 Best Wrongful Death Accident Attorneys in Los Angeles, California in 2023.
Stephanie believes that obstacles reveal opportunities. Her background in psychology and the law gives her the unique ability to understand the complexities of trauma and the human experience while thoughtfully guiding her clients through the legal system. She prides herself on being a champion for the nation’s most vulnerable and is especially drawn to cases involving social and environmental justice matters.
Before joining Wisner Baum in 2022, Stephanie worked at other elite law firms and won landmark cases worth hundreds of millions against some of the largest companies in the world. Her track record of success includes numerous high-value toxic tort cases involving exposure to PCBs, benzene, and other harmful chemicals.:
- Monsanto Company PCB Litigation. Served on the trial team for hundreds of non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) clients in the Monsanto polychlorinated biphenyls (PCB) litigation, which resulted in a verdict of $46.5 million and a later settlement of all claims in the hundreds of millions.
- Rowan v. Georgia Pacific et al, Cuyahoga County, Cleveland Ohio. Served as lead counsel for the first wood dust product liability exposure case filed in the country, which resulted in a confidential multimillion-dollar settlement.
- Tomas Gonzales v. ASARCO, Nueces County, Corpus Christi, Texas. Filed on behalf of a general labor contractor who was diagnosed with mesothelioma in his 60s and died quickly thereafter. This case resolved in a confidential settlement.
- Egelhoff v. Fujifilm et al., Broward County, Miami, Florida. Filed on behalf of a printing press worker in a benzene exposure case and resulting in a confidential settlement.
In addition to her work in toxic tort litigation, Stephanie also has extensive experience handling major pharmaceutical cases against drug manufacturers for causing harm to patients, including successful resolutions against Johnson & Johnson, Gilead, and other pharma companies.
Stephanie is licensed to practice law in Texas and California. She graduated magna cum laude from Texas Christian University with a Bachelor of Science in psychology and philosophy and was inducted into the Phi Beta Kappa Society. She later earned her law degree from Texas Tech School of Law and started practicing law in 1998.
Stephanie was selected as one of Texas Monthly Magazine's Texas Rising Stars and has been named to the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 list for the last four years. A compassionate leader, strategist, organizer, optimist, and innovator, Stephanie thrives on problem-solving and an “all in” team mentality for success. She represents the alignment of empathy, wisdom, sophisticated legal knowledge, and advocacy.
- Texas Tech University School of Law (1998)
- Texas Christian University (B.A. summa cum laude, Psychology and Philosophy, 1994)
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- Texas, 1998
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, 2000
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas, 2000
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas, 2000
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas, 2001
- California, 2021
Awards and Honors:
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2024
- Best Wrongful Death Injury Lawyers Los Angeles, CA (2023), Forbes Advisor
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- Texas Rising Stars, Texas Monthly Magazine, 2005 - 2008
- Selected: Southern California Super Lawyers® – Rising Stars, 2005 - 2006
- Plaintiffs Executive Committee, Judicial Council Coordinated Proceedings (JCCP 4872), in re Johnson and Johnson Talcum Powder Cases, Los Angeles, California, 2023
- Trial team for hundreds of non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) clients in the Monsanto polychlorinated biphenyls (PCB) litigation resulting in a St. Louis verdict of $46.5 Million and a later settlement of all claims in the hundreds of millions.
- Lead counsel for the first wood dust products liability exposure case filed in the U.S. (Ohio) for sinonasal cancer resulting in a confidential multi-million dollar settlement.
- Lead counsel on dozens of personal injury and wrongful death cases involving civil rights violations, pharmaceutical product liability, security negligence, property contamination involving oil and gas operations, and toxic torts involving mesothelioma, PCBs, benzene, dioxins, fertilizer plants, and formaldehyde-containing paints and solvents.
- Represented thousands of residents with cancer in a Mississippi community against Dupont for exposing them to dioxins released from a titanium dioxide manufacturing complex.
Call (855) 948-5098 to Learn About Your Legal Options