San Diego Personal Injury Lawyer
Recovering Compensation for Accident Victims Since 1973
People injured in accidents caused by negligence need and deserve compensation. The San Diego personal injury lawyers at Wisner Baum are committed to vindicating our clients’ legal rights and pursuing the maximum allowable compensation under the law.
Since 1973, our California law firm has won more than $4 billion in verdicts and settlements across all practice areas. We have the experience and skill needed to take on any opponent. Put your case in the hands of seasoned professionals you can trust, who will go the extra mile for you and your family.
Call (855) 948-5098 to schedule a free consultation with a San Diego personal injury lawyer who will make you a top priority.
Personal Injury Cases We Handle
At Wisner Baum, our lawyers help San Diego residents file lawsuits to recover financial compensation for injured victims of:
- Aviation accidents
- Boating accidents
- Bus accidents
- Bicycle crashes
- Bridge collapse
- Car accidents
- Military accidents
- Motorcycle crashes
- Pedestrian accidents
- Police misconduct/civil rights violations
- Prescription and over-the-counter drugs, such as Zantac
- Structure fires and failures
- Toxic torts, including heavy metals in baby food
- Truck Accidents
- Uber and Lyft Accidents
No matter how complex your case may seem, we are here to help. With nearly 50 years of legal experience, our board-certified trial lawyers have what it takes to effectively investigate and litigate personal injury cases throughout the San Diego area. We are known for diving headlong into complicated claims, and ceaselessly advocating to achieve the best possible result for our clients.
Qualifying for an Injury Lawsuit
The Question of Liability: Who Would I Sue If I Suffer Personal Injuries?
Under California law, San Diego residents have the right to sue someone for injuring them if:
- That party owed them a duty of care;
- That party breached that duty of care; and
- The breach directly caused the claimant’s injury.
One of the most common examples of this would be the duty of care a truck driver owes to others on the road. A breach of this duty could be anything from distracted driving to speeding. If a speeding trucker struck and injured a bicyclist, then that bicyclist and/or their family would be entitled to compensation.
Is It Worth It to File an Injury Lawsuit?
Many people decide to file a personal injury lawsuit because they cannot weather the aftermath of an accident without help. Even a minor injury can result in missed time from work, lost income, and expensive medical bills. If your injuries are serious enough to keep you out of work and you are facing expensive, long-term medical care, it is worth it to file an injury lawsuit to recover damages and put your life back together as you heal.
Personal injury victims often file suit over injuries such as the following:
- Limb loss
- Blunt force trauma
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Birth injuries
- Severe burns
- Severe cuts and lacerations
- Spine and back injuries
- Serious emotional distress
- Cancers and other medical conditions from toxic exposure
To help you decide whether legal action is the right path forward for you and your family, the San Diego injury attorneys at Wisner Baum offer free consultations and case evaluations.
What Will My Injury Lawsuit Payout Be?
Most people want an estimate on the payout they could see if our lawyers win justice and compensation on their behalf. The truth is, all cases are unique, and we would be doing a disservice to your case if we estimated compensation before we investigate the circumstances surrounding your case. While that may not be satisfying for some, know that we will always fight for full and fair compensation, and you will not pay a dime unless we win your case.
Claimants may seek compensation for damages stemming from a negligence-induced accident, including:
- Medical expenses: This may include hospital bills, medication, doctor’s visits, physical therapy, and disability accommodations, such as wheelchairs and assistive listening devices.
- Lost wages: You may be entitled to compensation for any wages lost due to your injury. Many claimants must take time off work to go to doctor’s appointments, as well as to rest and recover.
- Reduced future earning potential: This accounts for any future lost wages that your injury is expected to cause.
- Pain and suffering: This is a broad category that may cover emotional distress, mental trauma, anxiety, loss of enjoyment of life, and loss of quality of life, as well as the physical and mental pain of the injury itself.
How Long Do You Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
The deadline for filing a personal injury lawsuit, including wrongful death, is set by California’s statute of limitations. Under this statute, claimants must file within two years of the date of the accident. If they did not discover the injury until later, then they may have 1 year from the date of discovery.
In the event that the negligent party is also a government entity, claimants must file an administrative claim before they can file a legal claim. These administrative claims must be filed within six months of the date of the injury.
If you are unsure whether you are eligible to pursue an injury case in San Diego, we advise you to speak with an attorney as soon as you are able to protect your legal rights.
Strengthen Your Chances of Recovery—Call (855) 948-5098
Wisner Baum’s most experienced injury attorneys have more than half a century of experience in advocating for those injured in San Diego and across the nation.
Our track record of success includes billions of dollars won for those injured, such as through the:
- $2 billion verdict won against Monsanto, now Bayer, for a couple that developed non-Hodgkin lymphoma from exposure to Roundup (later reduced to $87 million);
- $105 million pharmaceutical settlement achieved for multiple clients;
- $63 million pediatric class action settlement achieved for families harmed by the false promotion of Paxil;
- $18 million settlement for the victims of a helicopter crash;
- $18 million won for our client in a whistleblower lawsuit against the Boeing Company;
- $17.5 million settlement negotiated for a passenger’s tragic death in a major U.S. plane crash; and
- $15 million settlement achieved for a person who suffered fatal injuries because of a major truck company.
These results highlight our premier legal skills and dedication to justice. We leave no avenue unexplored when investigating a case; further, we are known for uncovering details, documents, and elements that others tend to overlook. As a result, we have been acclaimed by Best Lawyers®, The National Trial Lawyers, Law360, Super Lawyers®, and more. When we say we will put our all into fighting for you, we mean it.
Contact our San Diego personal injury attorneys online today for a free, confidential consultation.
Pilliod et al. v. Monsanto Co. $2 Billion
Pharmaceutical Settlement $105 Million
Whistleblower Settlement $18 Million
$18 million settlement for Boeing government overcharging on aircraft maintenance
A Major US Plane Crash $17.5 Million
Commercial Truck Accident $15 Million
$15 million settlement for a person gravely injured by a major truck company
Commercial Truck Accident $8.5 Million
$8.5 million wrongful death verdict against food industry company, Tyson Foods
CA and USA
I Can’t Imagine a Better Law Firm- Best Law Firms Survey
They Are About Changing the Systems...- Kim Witczak
Top Legal Minds in the Country- From Best Lawyers® Best Law Firms
Diligent & Professional Representation- W.T.
Our Best Interest Was Always Number One on Your List- G.C. & C.C