Do I Qualify for a Semi-Truck Accident Lawsuit?
In California, truck crash victims can pursue compensation through a legal claim if the following applies to their case:
- The other party owed them a standard or duty of care: Motorists are required to drive carefully and keep their vehicles in good repair for the safety of others. For the same reason, truck companies must ensure that their truckers are trained, that their vehicles are safe for the road, and that they comply with industry rules and regulations.
- The other party’s actions fell below the standard of care: There are many ways in which a driver can to breach the standard of care. Examples include not paying attention, driving drunk, speeding, or when a trucking company fails to train its truckers.
- The breach caused the truck accident, injury, and damages: It is not enough for the other party to act negligently. Negligence must have directly or proximately caused an accident and injuries, which were severe enough to disrupt the victim’s life and result in damages. Lost wages, pain and suffering, and medical bills are a few examples of damages often incurred by truck crash victims.
Anyone can file a legal claim, but victims will need to prove the above factors to be compensated for their damages. Whatever challenges your case presents, you can rest assured that our Sacramento accident attorneys understand how to investigate and uncover the facts to build the strongest possible claim for you and your family.
What Causes Truck Accidents?
Wisner Baum has investigated countless crashes. We have found that the cause of most truck accidents can be traced back to the following:
- Driving recklessly
- Driver fatigue
- Drunk and impaired driving
- Distracted driving
- Defective truck parts, such as brakes or tires
- Trucks in poor maintenance
- Unsecured or overloaded cargo
- Poorly trained truck drivers, cargo loaders, and mechanics
Once our lawyers determine the cause of an accident, we work to identify all responsible parties. This often requires collecting evidence, speaking to witnesses, hiring renowned experts, and reconstructing the accident. We regularly work with some of the nation’s leading truck accident experts to help determine whether trucking companies, operators or manufacturers took shortcuts on safety that violate of the law. With the resources of a national law firm, you can be assured that your Sacramento truck accident lawsuit will be pursued with the dedication and resolve needed to obtain the result you deserve.
Who is Liable for a Truck Accident?
Unlike your average car accident lawsuit involving two parties, truck crash lawsuits can involve numerous parties, including (among others):
- Truck companies
- Truck brokers and sub brokers
- Truck drivers
- Truck loaders
- Truck manufacturers and parts manufacturers
One thing to keep in mind: California is a comparative liability state, which means that a partially at-fault car driver may still be able to file a personal injury lawsuit to recover damages. If you have questions about pursuing a legal claim even though you may have been partially at-fault for a truck accident, it is advisable to speak with an attorney as soon as you are able to ensure your rights are protected.
Should I Hire a Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me?
Trucking companies and their insurers want to protect their bottom line after a crash. Insurers will offer lowball settlements hoping victims can be dissuaded from seeking full and fair compensation for their injuries. If you do not accept a settlement, trucking entities will be well-prepared to mount a rigorous defense to limit their financial responsibility in litigation.
This is where an experienced truck crash injury lawyer can help you. Retaining Wisner Baum to advocate on your behalf after a Sacramento accident can help you level the playing field and prepare the strongest case possible in order to hold the defendants accountable and obtain the maximum settlement or judgment you deserve. With a satellite office in Downtown Sacramento, our firm has a local presence backed with national resources to take on major corporations and win.
Improve Your Chances of Recovery—Call (855) 948-5098
Our truck accident attorneys have been recognized for our commitment to justice and advocacy, such as by the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®, Super Lawyers®, and Best Lawyers®, among others. No matter how complex the case is, our attorney team is prepared to guide victims down the path to compensation.
Wisner Baumstands out from the competition, because our Sacramento truck accident attorneys check all the boxes:
- Experienced in truck accident law: Our attorneys have extensive experience in truck accident law, having advocated for hundreds of truck accident victims.
- Trial-ready approach: Many distinguished legal professionals agree that the best way to build a claim is to prepare it with trial in mind. A trial-ready claim can boost the client’s chances of receiving a fair settlement. It can also ensure the client hits the ground running if trial becomes necessary. As a trial law firm, we have litigated a multitude of cases using this approach.
- National reputation: We are proud to have stellar consumer reviews. Just look at our client testimonials. If you prefer, we can also provide references from past clients and our well-respected peers.
- Track record of success: We have won millions for the victims of truck crashes, as well as their bereaved loved ones.
- Positive impact on the community: Our accident attorneys go above and beyond when it comes to trial advocacy, meaning we don’t just aim to recover compensation. We also take care to highlight how harmful the negligence was to you, your family, and your community. It is our goal to send a strong message to negligent parties that they will be held to account for putting profit over safety.
When you are ready to discuss your legal rights and options with our team of board-certified civil trial lawyers, we are right here to help.
Give our Sacramento office a call at (855) 948-5098 for a free consultation with a truck accident lawyer.