TRUSTED LEGAL COUNSEL
Wisner Baum serves as co-lead trial counsel in the Gardasil MDL. We plan to go to trial in early 2025.
Proven Track Record Wisner Baum has settled over 150 aviation cases for $1 million or more
Experienced Legal Counsel Our team has represented more than 800 passengers, crew, and victims across 6 continents and 29 countries
Bakersfield Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Injured in a Motorcycle Accident Caused by Negligence?
Motorcycle accidents are often catastrophic, resulting in severe injuries and even death. If you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
At Wisner & Baum, we are committed to helping motorcycle accident victims recover the compensation they are owed. Our attorneys can review your case, help you understand your legal rights and options, and fight for the maximum compensation you deserve. We have a proven track record of success and have recovered billions of dollars for our clients.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents can occur for a variety of reasons. In many cases, these accidents are caused by the negligence or carelessness of another person or party. When this is the case, the injured motorcyclist may be entitled to compensation for their damages.
Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
- Unsafe lane changes
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Defective motorcycle parts
- Poorly maintained roads
- Inclement weather
At Wisner & Baum Injury Lawyers, we have extensive experience handling all types of motorcycle accident cases. Our attorneys can help you determine the cause of your accident and who is liable for your damages.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcyclists are at a much higher risk of injury in an accident than those in passenger vehicles. Even when motorcyclists are wearing helmets and other protective gear, they are still at risk of suffering severe injuries in a crash.
Some of the most common injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Burn injuries
- Road rash
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue injuries
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Motorcycle accident injuries are often life-altering. In many cases, victims are left with permanent disabilities that require ongoing medical treatment and care. Our motorcycle accident attorneys can help you recover compensation for your current and future medical expenses, as well as your other damages.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
After a motorcycle accident, it is important to take the proper steps to protect your health and your legal rights. If you are able to do so, there are several things you should do at the scene of the accident to help build a strong case.
After a motorcycle accident, you should:
- Call 911: If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident, you should call 911 right away. The police will come to the scene of the accident and create an accident report. This report can be used as evidence in your case.
- Seek medical attention: Even if you do not think you have been seriously injured, you should still seek medical attention after a motorcycle accident. Some injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries and internal bleeding, may not be immediately apparent. A doctor can evaluate your condition and create a record of your injuries.
- Take pictures: If you can do so, you should take pictures of the accident scene, your injuries, and any damage to your motorcycle. These pictures can be used as evidence in your case.
- Get contact information: You should get the names, phone numbers, and addresses of all parties involved in the accident, as well as any witnesses. This information can be used to contact these individuals and gather evidence.
- Do not admit fault: After a motorcycle accident, you should not admit fault to anyone. Even if you think you may have been partially to blame for the accident, you should not say so. You may not know all of the factors that contributed to the accident.
- Do not give a recorded statement: After a motorcycle accident, you may be contacted by the other party’s insurance company and asked to give a recorded statement. You should not do this. The insurance company may try to use your statement against you and reduce the amount of compensation you are owed.
- Hire a motorcycle accident attorney: Motorcycle accident cases can be complex. An experienced attorney can help you understand your legal rights and options and guide you through the process. They can also handle all of the legal aspects of your case, so you can focus on your recovery.
How Our Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Bakersfield Can Help
Motorcycle accident cases can be complex. To recover compensation, you will need to prove that the other party was at fault for the accident and that their negligence or carelessness caused your injuries. Our Bakersfield motorcycle accident attorneys can help you gather the evidence you need to build a strong case.
Our attorneys can help you gather evidence such as:
- Accident reports
- Witness statements
- Video surveillance footage
- Medical records
- Expert testimony
We can also help you calculate the full extent of your damages, including your current and future medical expenses, lost wages, loss of earning capacity, pain and suffering, and more. Our attorneys can aggressively negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf and fight for the maximum compensation you are owed. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we are not afraid to take your case to trial.
Is Jaywalking Legal in California?
Dune Buggy Accident Lawsuit Alleges Negligence Caused Injuries
Most Dangerous Intersections in San Diego for Pedestrians
Attorneys Say Lawsuits Likely After Alaska Airlines Door Blows Off
What To Do If You Are in a California Bus Accident
Should I Get a Lawyer for a Car Accident That Wasn't My Fault?
How to File a FedEx Complaint
Compensatory vs Punitive Damages in Personal Injury Lawsuit
We take pride in our professional relationships with referring attorneys and are equipped with the resources to take on your complex case.
We have resolved thousands of cases worldwide, winning over $4 billion in verdicts and settlements on behalf of clients.
Interested in exploring your legal rights? Schedule a free consultation with our team. You won't pay unless we win your case.