YRC Worldwide Truck Accident Attorneys
Fighting for Truck Crash Victims and Their Families
Truck crashes can be catastrophic and devastating, and all too often, they are the result of negligence. Many motorists and pedestrians have had their lives upended by foreseeable and preventable tractor-trailer accidents. Obtaining justice after a semi-truck crash means holding negligent parties accountable for their actions and ensuring that you are compensated for the harm caused to you. At Wisner Baum, our Los Angeles attorneys are uncompromising in our commitment to fighting for increased safety in the trucking industry and to preventing more needless accidents from occurring.
If you believe negligence contributed to your YRC worldwide truck accident, contact our team today at (855) 948-5098. We serve clients nationwide.
A Snapshot of YRC Worldwide
YRC Worldwide Inc. is a holding company for various brands, including Holland, HNRY Logistics, New Penn, Reddaway, and YRC Freight. YRC Worldwide is headquartered in Overland Park, Kansas, and has local, regional, national, and international services.
In 2018, YRC Worldwide had revenue of approximately $5.1 billion. That same year, the company employed around 31,000 employees and transported 20 million shipments for a total of approximately 914 million miles. According to its investor presentation, YRC Worldwide has about 17,000 active drivers.
Following are YRC Worldwide subsidiaries:
- Holland: Holland offers regional or full-state freight transportation services to 21 states in the central, southeast, and Midwest. It also offers services in Canada. Holland was founded in 1929 in Holland, Michigan, and was bought by TNT Ltd in 1985. In 2005, Holland became part of YRC Worldwide. Holland has more than 6,800 trailers, over 4,100 tractors, and approximately 8,600 employees.
- HNRY Logistics: HNRY Logistics offers brokerage services for freight transportation. HNRY Logistics does not have any trucks or drivers of its own.
- New Penn: New Penn provides next-day service to the northeastern US, Canada, and Puerto Rico. The company was founded in Lebanon, Pennsylvania, in 1931. New Penn currently has more than 1,600 employees, 715 tractors, and 1,530 trailers. New Penn had approximately 1,000 drivers who drove over 38 million miles in 2018.
- Reddaway: Reddaway was founded in Oregon City, Oregon, in 1919. It currently offers services through the western US and British Columbia. Reddaway has more than 3,000 employees, approximately 5,000 trailers, and 1,500 trucks. In 2017, Reddaway trucks drove more than 79 million miles. In the 24 months before January 21, 2020, it was involved in 10 injury crashes and 54 tow collisions. The company has around 1,600 drivers who drove almost 80 million miles in 2017.
- YRC Freight: YRC Freight offers less-than-truckload shipping throughout North America. The company began when Yellow Transportation purchased and merged with Roadway. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), YRC Freight has about 7,500 power units and more than 9,000 drivers, who covered 465,022,141 miles in 2019.
Are YRC Worldwide Trucks Safe?
Trucking company owners and operators are responsible for ensuring that their trucks are safe and properly maintained, and that drivers follow hours-of-service rules and operate their vehicles safely. Fatal tractor-trailer crashes are all too common because transportation companies and their drivers often violate safety regulations in order to make more money. Collisions between cars and tractor-trailers are usually catastrophic for people in passenger vehicles.
A Brief History of YRC Crashes
Among the crashes in YRC Worldwide’s history, including its subsidiaries, are:
- A September 2018 crash in Joplin, Missouri, in which an 8-year-old girl, who was running to catch her school bus, was struck and killed. The driver, who left the scene, told police he thought he had hit a mailbox.
- A September 2018 crash in Beaumont Texas, in which a YRC Freight truck hit a car, killing four people—including three children.
- A July 2016 crash in Hamilton County, Tennessee, in which a Honda Civic was rear-ended by a YRC 2005 Volvo semi-truck. The Civic’s driver underwent cervical spine surgery following the crash.
- A December 2014 crash in which an Audi was crushed between two semi-trucks when it slowed down for a construction zone and was rear-ended by a Reddaway truck. One of the Audi’s passengers died at the scene.
Hire a Law Firm with Experience in Truck Accident Litigation
If you or a family member has been harmed in a YRC Worldwide truck crash—or any semi-truck accident—contact one of our highly skilled attorneys today. Our truck crash team has the experience and resources needed to meticulously investigate your claim and determine liability. Wisner Baum’s attorneys have fought against some of the largest freight transportation companies in the US and have recovered billions of dollars for our clients.
Contact us today to speak with one of our highly respected attorneys. We are available to answer your questions and advise you of your options. Fill out an online contact form or call us at (855) 948-5098.
Commercial Truck Accident $15 Million Settlement
Wisner Baum secured a $15 million settlement for a person gravely injured by a major truck company.
Commercial Truck Accident $8.5 Million Verdict
Wisner Baum secured a $8.5 million wrongful death verdict against the food industry company, Tyson Foods, for the wrongful death of a young man.
Truck Accident Settlement $6.9 Million Settlement
After a semi-truck drove over a stopped car, killing two of its occupants and injuring a third, one of our attorneys took the case all the way to trial. Our firm continued in pursuit of justice for the three victims over a four-day trial until the case finally settled for $6.9 million.
Fatal Truck Accident $6 Million Settlement
Wisner Baum obtained a $6 million wrongful death settlement on behalf of an individual who died following a truck crash.
A ranking in The U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” is widely regarded by both client and legal professionals as a significant honor. It is considered the most reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals anywhere.
Wisner Baum is proud to be a sponsor of The Truck Safety Coalition, a a group of caring individuals dedicated to reducing the number of deaths and injuries caused by truck-related crashes. Our support enables them to help families and save lives.
Law360 recognizes law firms that have a strong regional presence, working on important matters within their home state. “[Wisner Baum] possesses a David v. Goliath-sized slingshot while seeking justice for everyday citizens it believes were harmed or killed through corporate wrongdoing.”
NLJ and American Lawyer Media honor law firms and attorneys as Elite Trial Lawyers for their cutting-edge legal work on behalf of plaintiffs in practice areas ranging from mass torts to securities litigation.
Best Lawyers is the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession. A listing in Best Lawyers is widely regarded by both clients and legal professionals as a significant honor, conferred on a lawyer by his or her peers.
Less than one-half of one percent of firms across the nation have achieved this ranking. A firm must have a high percentage of lawyers who have achieved the prestigious AV® Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell®.
The National Law Journal inducted Wisner Baum into the Verdicts Hall of Fame for obtaining the $2 billion landmark verdict in the Roundup cancer case of Pilliod et al. v. Monsanto. The verdict was #1 in California and #2 in the U.S. in 2019 and is #9 in American history.
Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 recognized the law firms of Wisner Baum, the Miller Firm and Audet & Partners with the 2019 Trial Team of the Year award (in the Mass Torts category) for their work in the groundbreaking case of Dewayne “Lee” Johnson v. Monsanto Company.
An AV® rating reflects an attorney who has reached the heights of professional excellence. The rating signifies the highest legal ability, and very high adherence to professional standards of conduct, ethics, reliability, and diligence.
Wisner Baum is proud to have all of its lawyers listed in Avvo, a legal directory connecting people in need of legal services with lawyers and connecting lawyers to lawyers. Eight of our attorneys have earned a 10.0 perfect rating with Avvo.
CA and USA
TopVerdict.com ranks our $2 billion verdict in Pilliod et al. v. Monsanto as the biggest verdict in California and the second largest verdict in the U.S. in 2019. It is the ninth largest verdict in U.S. history.
Published annually, the Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers list recognizes the “best of the best” in this area of the law through nominations, research, and review by a board of their peers.
In 2020, Law360 honored the law firms ”behind the litigation wins and major deals that resonated throughout the legal industry.” It recognized our success in several landmark cases.
In 2018, our $289 million Johnson v. Monsanto verdict was the largest personal injury verdict in California. TopVerdict.com also ranked it #2 among all verdicts in California and #10 in the nation.
The Bar Register is the definitive guide to the most distinguished law firms in America. It includes only those select law practices that have earned the highest rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory and have been designated by their colleagues as preeminent in their field.
Firm ReviewsWhat Our Clients Are Saying
I Can’t Imagine a Better Law Firm- Best Law Firms Survey
They Are About Changing the Systems...- Kim Witczak
Top Legal Minds in the Country- From Best Lawyers® Best Law Firms
Diligent & Professional Representation- W.T.
Our Best Interest Was Always Number One on Your List- G.C. & C.C