Small Plane Crash Case History
Our firm has decades of experience dealing with the many legal issues that arise following a small plane crash. We have handled crash litigation involving private, commercial and charter planes, including more than 100 Cessna, Piper, or Beechcraft planes. We have also handled cases involving aircraft manufactured by Bellanca, Grumman, Luscombe, Mooney, Maule, Rockwell and more. Our firm has even represented those people harmed in hot air balloon accidents. At Wisner Baum, we believe our track record speaks for itself. Below you will find a list demonstrating some of our small plane crash case history.
Our Small Plane Crash Cases
- Helio Courier H-250 plane crash, near Seward, Alaska, 2019
- Midair collision between a float-equipped De Havilland (Beaver) plane and a float-equipped De Havilland DHC-3 (Turbine Otter) plane, near Ketchikan, Alaska, 2019
- Piper PA 28-151 accident, near Antioch, California, 2019
- Cessna 401B accident, near Salters, South Carolina, 2017
- Cessna 421C Golden Eagle crash, near Huntsville, Texas, 2017
- WW II North American T6G plane crash, Culpeper, Virginia, 2017
- Piper ambulance PA-31Y Cheyenne crash, McKinleyville, California, 2016
- Aviat Huskey A-1 banner plane crash, Compton, California, 2015
- Beechcraft Bonanza H35 crash into house, Palm Coast, Florida, 2013
- Beechcraft Baron B55 crash, near Mangum, Oklahoma, 2013
- McCall Aviation Inc. crash, Cessna 206, near Donnelly, Idaho, 2013
- Cessna 421C crash, near Shaver Lake, California, 2012
- Cessna 180J seaplane crash, Davant, Louisiana, 2010
- Piper PA-32R accident, Groveland, California, 2010
- Cessna 310P vs. Cessna 172N mid-air collision, Long Beach, California, 2009
- Beechcraft B36TC crash, Mammoth Lakes, California, 2008
- Hawker Beechcraft 125-800A, East Coast Jets crash, Owatonna, Minnesota, 2008
- Cessna 172 vs. Cessna 150 mid-air collision, Corona, California, 2008
- Cessna 310 crash into house, Compton, California, 2008
- Cessna 172 Skyhawk, Kemper Aviation charter flight accident, near Indiantown, Florida, 2008
- Mooney M20C crash, Riverside, California, 2008
- Beech J35 crash, Fort Worth, Texas, 2007
- Aero Commander 112 accident, Chino, California, 2006
- Piper PA-28-161 accident, Leesburg, Virginia, 2005
- Rockwell 114 crash, Bishop, California, 2003
- Beech E-90 crash, Bloomington, Illinois, 2002
- Grumman American AA1B crash, Pomona, California, 2002
- Piper PA-31-310 accident, Atlanta, Idaho, 2002
- Gulfstream lll, Airborne Charter Inc./Avjetaccident, Aspen, Colorado, 2001
- Luscombe 8A pilot training accident, Calhoun, Georgia, 2001
- Piper PA-34-200 crash, San Dimas, California, 2000
- Piper PA-24-250 accident, Lexington, Virginia, 2000
- Cessna 150M crash, Holly Springs, Mississippi, 2000
- Maule M-4-210C accident, Willows, California, 2000
- Bellanca 17-30 crash, near Scottsdale, Arizona, 2000
- Cessna 414 accident, near Monarch, Montana, 2000
- Fouga 6 CM 170 crash, near San Joaquin, California, 2000
- Piper PA-24-260 accident, New Orleans, Louisiana, 1999
- Cessna T210M crash, near Marcola, Oregon, 1999
- Cessna 404, Northern Air accident, Arusha, Tanzania, 1999
- Aviat Pitts S-2B crash, Steamboat Springs, Colorado, 1999
- Lake LA-4-250 accident, Laconia, New Hampshire, 1999
- Cessna T210N crash, Hillsboro, Oregon, 1998
- Beechcraft Baron 95-B55 accident, near Royce City, Texas, 1997
- Cessna Skyhawk 172E crash, near Topeka, Kansas, 1997
- Cessna 402B accident, Tampa, Florida, 1997
- Beechcraft D-45 crash, near Poplarville, Mississippi, 1996
- Beechcraft A36 accident, Roanoke, Virginia, 1996
- Cessna 172 crash, near Eagle River, Alaska, 1996
- Piper Cherokee PA-28-121 accident, near Caliente, California, 1996
- Cessna Super Skywagon 206C, Hartwood Aviation Inc. crash, near Hartwood, Virginia, 1996
- Piper Seminole/Piper Cherokee mid-air collision, Flagler Beach, Florida, 1996
- Cessna 182R/Cessna 170A mid-air collision, Proctor, Arkansas, 1996
- Piper PA-28 crash, Fort Pierce, Florida, 1996
- Beechcraft E-90 accident, Flagstaff, Arizona, 1996
- Piper Saratoga, Island Air crash, Kodiak, Alaska, 1995
- Piper Cherokee PA-32-300 crash, Fullerton, California, 1995
- Piper Malibu PA- 46-310P accident, Eau Claire, Wisconsin, 1995
- Piper Apache PA-23 crash, Camp Pendleton, California, 1995
- Cessna 152 accident, Long Beach, CA, 1995
- Allen Mustang II crash, Jasper, Tennessee, 1995
- Grumman Gulfstream II crash, Quito, Ecuador, 1995
- Cessna 172M accident, Portland, Maine, 1995
- Cessna 140 crash, Blue Mountain, Pennsylvania, 1995
- Consolidated Vultee BT-13B accident, Oxford, Connecticut, 1995
- Cessna Cardinal 177RG crash, South Lake Tahoe, California, 1994
- Piper Lance PA-32 accident, Englewood, Colorado, 1994
- Cessna 172N crash, Prescott, Arizona, 1994
- Beechcraft Baron-58 accident, Telluride, Colorado, 1993
- Bellanca 7GCBC, Mesa Airlines commercial training flight accident, , Telluride, Colorado, 1993
- Grumman AA-1C crash, Santa Paula, California, 1993
- Beechcraft D-50E accident, Yosemite National Park, California, 1993
- Piper PA-28 crash, Kissimmee, Florida, 1993
- Cessna 421B accident, Valley Park, Missouri, 1993
- Cessna 172N, Lompoc, California, 1993
- Cessna 182A, Skydive Long Island airplane crash, , New York, 1993
- Cessna 172, Towanda, Pennsylvania, 1993
- Piper PA-24-180, Gaylord, Michigan, 1992
- Cessna 402, Adventure Airlines accident, Grand Canyon, Arizona, 1992
- Twin Commander 690B, Herlong, California, 1992
- Twin Commander 690C, Golden, Colorado, 1992
- Beechcraft Baron, Baker City, Oregon, 1992
- Piper PA-28R-200, Akron, New York, 1992
- Beechcraft B-18, Hinckley, Illinois, 1992
- de Havilland Twin Otter, Perris Valley Sky Diving School airplane accident, Perris, California, 1992
- Cessna 310, Everett, Washington, 1992
- Piper PA-23, Colombia, South America, 1992
- Piper Saratoga PA-32-301, Heath, Ohio, 1992
- Cessna 172, Tricorner Knob, Tennessee, 1992
- Cessna 182 Skylane, McKinleyville, California, 1992
- Cessna 172 Skyhawk II, Accokeek, Maryland, 1992
- Piper Cherokee, Rancho Cucamonga, California, 1992
- Pitts S2B, Schellsburg, Pennsylvania, 1992
- Cessna 150, Upper Kalskag, Alaska, 1992
- Mooney, Sinaloa, Mexico, 1991
- Beechcraft Baron 95-C55, Granada Hills, California, 1991
- Piper Comanche PA-24, Missoula, Montana, 1991
- Cessna 172N, Columbus, Montana, 1991
- Piper Comanche PA-24, Richmond, Vermont, 1991
- Piper PA-23-250, Hawthorne, California, 1991
- Aeronca Champ 7AC, Shellman, Georgia, 1991
- Navion-A, Kanakee, Illinois, 1991
- Cessna 172M, Bellingham, Washington, 1991
- Cessna 402B, Tropic Air crash, Belize, 1991
- Piper PA 28-140, Surf Side Beach, South Carolina, 1991
- Grumman HU-16 Albatross seaplane, off Oahu, Hawaii, 1991
- Beechcraft 35, Reedsburg, Wisconsin, 1991
- Cessna 150J, New Bern, North Carolina, 1991
- Beechcraft 95-B55, Chassahowitzka, Florida, 1991
- Piper Cherokee PA-28-151, Martinsburg, West Virginia, 1991
- Cessna 150J, Kure Beach, North Carolina, 1991
- Cessna C-172, Oregon City, Oregon, 1991
- Grumman Tiger, Clark Air Base, Manila, Philippines, 1990
- Cessna 210, Manassas, Virginia, 1990
- Piper Cherokee PA-28, Cheswold, Delaware, 1990
- Cessna 172, Ferry County, Washington, 1990
- Mooney M20K, Carson City, Nevada, 1990
- Cessna P210, La Verne, California, 1990
- DHC6 Twin Otter, Aeroperlas Air crash, Panama City, Panama, 1990
- Piper Arrow, Hillsboro, Oregon, 1990
- Cessna 152, San Luis Obispo, California, 1990
- Cessna 172, Atlantic Ocean, near the Bahamas, 1989
- Beech Model E18S, Scenic Air Tours accident, , Hawaii, 1989
- Stinson Voyager 108-2, Glens Falls, New York, 1989
- de Havilland Canada DHC-6-300, Grand Canyon Airlines Flight 5, tour accident, Phoenix, Arizona, 1989
- Piper PA-28, Wellsville, Kansas, 1989
- Cessna 206, Grangeville, Idaho, 1988
- Piper Tri-pacer, Compton, California, 1988
- Cessna 152, Smithfield, Rhode Island, 1988
- Cessna 310R, Madison, Indiana, 1988
- Cessna, Los Banos, California, 1988
- Piper Turbo Arrow, Bridgeport, West Virginia, 1988
- Rockwell 1121A Jet Commander, Oakgrove, Pennsylvania, 1988
Contact Our Attorneys for a Free Initial Consultation
If you or a loved one has suffered due to a private flight or other non-commercial aviation accident, you may be entitled to financial compensation. Contact us online or call (855) 948-5098. Our lawyers handle both domestic and international cases.
A Major US Plane Crash $17.5 Million Settlement
Wisner Baum obtained a $17.5 million settlement on behalf of a client who was killed in a major U.S. plane crash.
A Major US Plane Crash $14 Million Settlement
Wisner Baum obtained a $14 million settlement for the death of a passenger in a major US plane crash.
Helicopter Crash $12 Million Settlement
Wisner Baum secured a $12 million settlement for a passenger who was injured in a helicopter crash.
A Major Foreign Plane Crash $10 Million Settlement
Wisner Baum obtained a $10 million settlement for the death of a passenger in a major foreign plane crash.
A ranking in The U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” is widely regarded by both client and legal professionals as a significant honor. It is considered the most reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals anywhere.
Wisner Baum is proud to be a sponsor of The Truck Safety Coalition, a a group of caring individuals dedicated to reducing the number of deaths and injuries caused by truck-related crashes. Our support enables them to help families and save lives.
Law360 recognizes law firms that have a strong regional presence, working on important matters within their home state. “[Wisner Baum] possesses a David v. Goliath-sized slingshot while seeking justice for everyday citizens it believes were harmed or killed through corporate wrongdoing.”
NLJ and American Lawyer Media honor law firms and attorneys as Elite Trial Lawyers for their cutting-edge legal work on behalf of plaintiffs in practice areas ranging from mass torts to securities litigation.
Best Lawyers is the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession. A listing in Best Lawyers is widely regarded by both clients and legal professionals as a significant honor, conferred on a lawyer by his or her peers.
Less than one-half of one percent of firms across the nation have achieved this ranking. A firm must have a high percentage of lawyers who have achieved the prestigious AV® Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell®.
The National Law Journal inducted Wisner Baum into the Verdicts Hall of Fame for obtaining the $2 billion landmark verdict in the Roundup cancer case of Pilliod et al. v. Monsanto. The verdict was #1 in California and #2 in the U.S. in 2019 and is #9 in American history.
Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 recognized the law firms of Wisner Baum, the Miller Firm and Audet & Partners with the 2019 Trial Team of the Year award (in the Mass Torts category) for their work in the groundbreaking case of Dewayne “Lee” Johnson v. Monsanto Company.
An AV® rating reflects an attorney who has reached the heights of professional excellence. The rating signifies the highest legal ability, and very high adherence to professional standards of conduct, ethics, reliability, and diligence.
Wisner Baum is proud to have all of its lawyers listed in Avvo, a legal directory connecting people in need of legal services with lawyers and connecting lawyers to lawyers. Eight of our attorneys have earned a 10.0 perfect rating with Avvo.
CA and USA
TopVerdict.com ranks our $2 billion verdict in Pilliod et al. v. Monsanto as the biggest verdict in California and the second largest verdict in the U.S. in 2019. It is the ninth largest verdict in U.S. history.
Published annually, the Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers list recognizes the “best of the best” in this area of the law through nominations, research, and review by a board of their peers.
In 2020, Law360 honored the law firms ”behind the litigation wins and major deals that resonated throughout the legal industry.” It recognized our success in several landmark cases.
In 2018, our $289 million Johnson v. Monsanto verdict was the largest personal injury verdict in California. TopVerdict.com also ranked it #2 among all verdicts in California and #10 in the nation.
The Bar Register is the definitive guide to the most distinguished law firms in America. It includes only those select law practices that have earned the highest rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory and have been designated by their colleagues as preeminent in their field.
Firm ReviewsWhat Our Clients Are Saying
I Can’t Imagine a Better Law Firm- Best Law Firms Survey
They Are About Changing the Systems...- Kim Witczak
Top Legal Minds in the Country- From Best Lawyers® Best Law Firms
Diligent & Professional Representation- W.T.
Our Best Interest Was Always Number One on Your List- G.C. & C.C