JetBlue Airways Crash Attorneys
Fighting for Victims of Negligence at JetBlue Airways
Through decades of experience fighting for hundreds of plaintiffs in aviation accident lawsuits, the highly-skilled aviation attorneys at Wisner Baum have developed a reputation for aggressively pursuing justice. Our plane crash attorneys (two of whom are pilots and one of whom is an engineer familiar with aircraft design) have unique insight into the aviation industry and have the knowledge and resources to conduct in-depth investigations into the many factors that often contribute to an aviation incident.
From our offices in California, we have handled lawsuits against most major US airlines – including JetBlue Airways (also known as jetBlue) – and have recovered billions of dollars for our clients across all of our practice areas, including aviation lawsuits. We manage every case with the utmost care, commitment, and compassion, and fight to ensure that each client receives the compensation they deserve.
Contact us today at (855) 948-5098 to get started with a free, no-obligation case evaluation after a JetBlue Airways crash.
Background on JetBlue Airways
Headquartered in Queens, New York, with its main hub at John F. Kennedy International Airport, JetBlue Airways is considered to be a low-cost passenger airline. It is the sixth-largest US airline (based on the number of passengers carried) and operates more than 1,000 daily flights.
JetBlue Airways was incorporated in Aug. 1998, and on Feb. 11, 2000, began offering flights from JFK airport to Buffalo and Fort Lauderdale. In the following years, jetBlue expanded its service throughout the US and into the Caribbean, including a dozen Caribbean destinations on its routes. JetBlue currently flies to 102 destinations in the US, Mexico, the Caribbean, South America, and Central America, and has focus cities in Boston, Fort Lauderdale, Long Beach, Orlando, and San Juan.
In 2018, JetBlue had $7.658 billion in revenue and a net income of $188 million. The airline has 22,000 employees. Now a global empire, jetBlue codeshares with dozens of airlines, including: Aer Lingus, Aeroflot, Air China, Air India, All Nippon Airways, Asiana Airlines, Azul Brazilian Airlines, El Al, Emirates, Etihad Airways, AVA Air, Japan Airlines, JetSuiteX, Hawaiian Airlines, Hainan Airlines, Iberia, Icelandair, Korean Air, Lufthansa, Porter Airlines, South African Airways, Singapore Airlines, TAP Air Portugal, and Turkish Airlines.
About the JetBlue Airways Fleet
As of July 2019, jetBlue’s fleet consists of a mix of Airbus and Embraer aircraft:
- Airbus A320-200: 130 in service
- Airbus A321-200: 63
- Airbus A321neo: 1 (58 ordered)
- Embraer ERJ-190: 60 (to be replaced by Airbus A220-300 starting in 2020)
JetBlue Airways Crash and Incident History
While jetBlue has not been involved in any known crashes thus far, it is still a relatively young company, having only been incorporated about 20 years ago. There have also been some incidents involving inflight injury and turbulence, as well as other examples of airline and aircraft personnel negligence.
Some examples of recent incidents:
- JetBlue Flight 429, Aug. 11, 2016, Rapid City, South Dakota: The Airbus A320, operating as JetBlue Flight 429, was forced to make an emergency landing in South Dakota after the plane flew between two thunderstorms and experienced severe turbulence. The aircraft was on route from Boston, MA, to Sacramento, CA, when it encountered the turbulence, which injured 24 passengers and crew members.
- JetBlue Flight 1416, Sept. 18, 2014, Long Beach, California: While on its way from Long Beach, CA, to Austin, TX, the Airbus A320 lost its right engine, which started a fire. The plane returned to Long Beach and landed safely, but not until after parts of the massive engine had fallen out of the sky onto crowded beaches and passengers had suffered psychological and physical injuries.
- JetBlue Flight 191, March 27, 2012, Amarillo, Texas: Flight 191 was on route from New York to Las Vegas when it was diverted to Amarillo, TX, after the captain began behaving erratically. The first officer locked the captain out of the cockpit, and passengers then subdued the captain when he started talking about terrorists and plane crashes. There were 135 people on the plane and no injuries.
- JetBlue Flight 292, Sept. 21, 2005, Los Angeles, California: During a scheduled flight from Bob Hope Airport in Burbank, CA, to JFK Airport in New York City, the captain made an emergency landing at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) when the Airbus A320-200’s nose gear became stuck in an abnormal position. After the plane took off, the pilots realized they were not able to retract the landing gear, with the nosewheel rotated in the wrong direction. The crew decided to land at LAX because of the airport’s long runways and safety equipment, but the plane had to fly for two hours before landing to burn fuel and decrease the risk of fire. There were 146 people on the plane and no injuries.
JetBlue Airways Incidents Handled by Wisner Baum
Our firm has handled cases against many large air carriers, including passengers affected by the following jetBlue inflight incident:
- JetBlue Flight 1416, Sept. 18, 2014, Long Beach, California: On Sept. 18, JetBlue Flight 1416 was on its way from Long Beach, CA, to Austin, TX, when passengers heard a loud bang approximately 20 minutes into the flight, and smoke filled the cabin. Reports indicate the Airbus A320 lost its right engine, but oxygen masks did not deploy as they were expected to. The plane landed safely back at Long Beach, and one passenger was hospitalized while several more were injured. Everyone on board suffered smoke inhalation and trauma.
Call Today for Free Case Consultation
If you or a family member has been involved in a JetBlue accident or inflight incident, it is in your best interest to speak with an experienced aviation law firm about your case. Our aviation attorneys have decades of experience investigating and litigating complex plane crashes and have recovered billions of dollars for our clients across all of our practice areas, including aviation lawsuits.
To learn more about filing a JetBlue Airways lawsuit, contact Wisner Baumonline or call (855) 948-5098 to speak with an attorney.
A Major US Plane Crash $17.5 Million Settlement
Wisner Baum obtained a $17.5 million settlement on behalf of a client who was killed in a major U.S. plane crash.
A Major US Plane Crash $14 Million Settlement
Wisner Baum obtained a $14 million settlement for the death of a passenger in a major US plane crash.
Helicopter Crash $12 Million Settlement
Wisner Baum secured a $12 million settlement for a passenger who was injured in a helicopter crash.
A Major Foreign Plane Crash $10 Million Settlement
Wisner Baum obtained a $10 million settlement for the death of a passenger in a major foreign plane crash.
A ranking in The U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” is widely regarded by both client and legal professionals as a significant honor. It is considered the most reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals anywhere.
Wisner Baum is proud to be a sponsor of The Truck Safety Coalition, a a group of caring individuals dedicated to reducing the number of deaths and injuries caused by truck-related crashes. Our support enables them to help families and save lives.
Law360 recognizes law firms that have a strong regional presence, working on important matters within their home state. “[Wisner Baum] possesses a David v. Goliath-sized slingshot while seeking justice for everyday citizens it believes were harmed or killed through corporate wrongdoing.”
NLJ and American Lawyer Media honor law firms and attorneys as Elite Trial Lawyers for their cutting-edge legal work on behalf of plaintiffs in practice areas ranging from mass torts to securities litigation.
Best Lawyers is the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession. A listing in Best Lawyers is widely regarded by both clients and legal professionals as a significant honor, conferred on a lawyer by his or her peers.
Less than one-half of one percent of firms across the nation have achieved this ranking. A firm must have a high percentage of lawyers who have achieved the prestigious AV® Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell®.
The National Law Journal inducted Wisner Baum into the Verdicts Hall of Fame for obtaining the $2 billion landmark verdict in the Roundup cancer case of Pilliod et al. v. Monsanto. The verdict was #1 in California and #2 in the U.S. in 2019 and is #9 in American history.
Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 recognized the law firms of Wisner Baum, the Miller Firm and Audet & Partners with the 2019 Trial Team of the Year award (in the Mass Torts category) for their work in the groundbreaking case of Dewayne “Lee” Johnson v. Monsanto Company.
An AV® rating reflects an attorney who has reached the heights of professional excellence. The rating signifies the highest legal ability, and very high adherence to professional standards of conduct, ethics, reliability, and diligence.
Wisner Baum is proud to have all of its lawyers listed in Avvo, a legal directory connecting people in need of legal services with lawyers and connecting lawyers to lawyers. Eight of our attorneys have earned a 10.0 perfect rating with Avvo.
CA and USA
TopVerdict.com ranks our $2 billion verdict in Pilliod et al. v. Monsanto as the biggest verdict in California and the second largest verdict in the U.S. in 2019. It is the ninth largest verdict in U.S. history.
Published annually, the Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers list recognizes the “best of the best” in this area of the law through nominations, research, and review by a board of their peers.
In 2020, Law360 honored the law firms ”behind the litigation wins and major deals that resonated throughout the legal industry.” It recognized our success in several landmark cases.
In 2018, our $289 million Johnson v. Monsanto verdict was the largest personal injury verdict in California. TopVerdict.com also ranked it #2 among all verdicts in California and #10 in the nation.
The Bar Register is the definitive guide to the most distinguished law firms in America. It includes only those select law practices that have earned the highest rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory and have been designated by their colleagues as preeminent in their field.
Firm ReviewsWhat Our Clients Are Saying
I Can’t Imagine a Better Law Firm- Best Law Firms Survey
They Are About Changing the Systems...- Kim Witczak
Top Legal Minds in the Country- From Best Lawyers® Best Law Firms
Diligent & Professional Representation- W.T.
Our Best Interest Was Always Number One on Your List- G.C. & C.C